Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Get Trained by Trainers from ISB, IIT & IIM
- 40 Hours of Intensive Classroom & Online Sessions
- 60+ Hours of Practical Assignments
- 100% Job Placement Assurance
Academic Partners & International Accreditations
"The CISM course certification falls under the Top-Paying IT certification in 2020. The average salary of a Certified Information Security Manager falls above the median of $143,181." - (Source). The CISM certification is proof of your command over domains of program development and management, information security governance, incident management, and risk management. This certification adds conviction and confidence in your abilities to interact with internal and external stakeholders and among your peers. If you have this certification under your belt then you can bring credibility to your profile and align your organization's information security program with its comprehensive goals and objectives. It also authenticates your commitment to compliance, security, and integrity. This certification takes your career from the technical realm to management and opens the door for handsome payoffs, new exciting positions, and many professional challenges.
- Computer Skills
- Basic Mathematical Concepts
- Computer Networks
CISM Course Training Overview
The CISM - Certified Information Security Manager certification course is aligned with ISACA standards and will make you look at IT Security and Cyber Security from a management-level perspective. This course aims to make IT professionals experts in information Security Management. The course content is created to train you in international security practices, administer and assess IT security, and gain expertise to manage designs for businesses of every size and scale. This course will help you discover the specialization techniques required in preserving and completely owning the security aspect of your organization's IT. This will help students develop critical thinking and have the prudence to perform tasks required to achieve the most lucrative CISM certification. This certification is the most remunerative and internationally recognized credential and companies are offering handsome payoffs to candidates who have this certification under their belt. So, give an edge to your career with a CISM course certification from 360DigiTMG.
What is the CISM Certification?
CISM is a highly regarded certification for cybersecurity superiors and practitioners and requires a significant amount of dedication and money. Having this certification positions you in high order with potential employers around the globe that acknowledge the achievement and capability this certificate represents. CISM validates that you acquire complete knowledge of technical competence and a thorough understanding of business intentions around data security. To get this certification one needs to clear the CISM exam, which is a multiple-choice test of 150-question and lasts for four hours. There are four domains that the exam tests the candidate on. They are The Information Security Governance, Information Risk Management and Compliance, Information Security Program Development and Management, and Information Security Incident Management.
One of the most important aspects of this examination is that one has to adhere to the ISACA code of professional ethics and agree to comply with CISM continuing education policy wherein you need 20 CPE credits per year and 120 CPEs over 3 years.
You also need to provide evidence of a minimum of 5 years of information security experience within the 10 years before your certification and out of those 5 years, 3 years of experience needs to be in Management.
Learning Outcomes of Certified Information Security Manager
It comes as no surprise that companies are on a hunting spree for information security managers. With new threats and major security incidents being discovered every day, which only seems to rise. Big organizations have shifted their focus from protection to prediction and one of the major fights they face is the shortage of technical skills and the ability for someone to understand their business needs and convey them properly. The best way to prepare for this kind of job opportunity is getting your hands onto a high-level certification such as CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) which is credential enough to prove your skill, knowledge, and level of experience. This certification program is designed for professionals keeping in mind the five information security management areas that will maximize success in the CISM exam. Each topic is defined and detailed through various tasks and knowledge deceleration. This certification is an initiative by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) that encourages practices of developing the necessary skills to design, manage, and assess the information security program of an organization. This course will help candidates gain hands-on knowledge about the developing security policies, managing risks, and incidents related to information security by implementing an information security program in their organizations. Students will also be given simulated tests to familiarize them with the format and difficulty level of the exam.
Block Your Time
Who Should Sign Up?
- Internal Auditors
- CFO/Director/Head of Accounting
- Business Analysts
- Data Analysts
- Banking and Accounting Analysts
- Certified Financial Analysts
- Credit Analysts
- Financial Advisors
- Math, Science and Commerce Graduates
- IT Security officials, IT Admin (Network, Firewall, System Admin), IT professionals
- Mid-level Executives
- Information Security
- Information Law
Training Modules of Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
These Certified Information Security Manager course modules will help the candidate achieve the CISM certification as well as exhibit a high level of commitment towards security management skills. It will showcase your expertise, knowledge, and experience in advanced information security and also that you can develop and manage a complete information security program. The module begins with answering the fundamental question Why a CISM certification? And then moves on to introduce the candidates to the four functional domains of Information security management. The next few modules give detailed information about each area exploring the various security practices and frameworks involved. It teaches you to identify risk, assess it, and then design a risk mitigation plan. With this certification, you can be self-assured that you’re making a sound career decision.
- Governance, Management, standards, and frameworks
- Values, vision, and mission
- Policies, procedures, guidelines, and frameworks
- SWOT Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- OPEX, CAPEX, and fiscal years
- KGIs, KPIs, and KRIs
- The CIA triad
- Sensitive information and media security
- Data Classification
- Data owners
- Data security frameworks
- Laws and regulations
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Intellectual property
- Warfare, terrorism, sabotage, and ransomware
- Administrative personnel controls
- Designing security into our software
- Programming concepts
- Software development methodologies part 1
- Software development methodologies part 2
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk response and mitigation & Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting
- Attackers, Vishing and Phishing
- Incident Management definitions
- Incident Management
- NIST 800-53
- NIST 800-37
- ISO 27001 and 27002
- OWASP part 1
- OWASP part 2
- Vulnerability scanners
- Networking basics
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- The OSI model
- The TCP/IP model
- IP addresses and port numbers part 1
- IP addresses and port numbers part 2
- IP support protocols
- Cable types
- LAN topologies
- Layer 1 to 3 networking devices
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- 0-day attacks
- Network authentication protocols
- Honeynets and Honeypots
- Secure communications
- Mobile device security
- Application white-listing
- Database security
- Software vulnerabilities and Attacks
- System vulnerabilities, threats, and countermeasures
- Physical security part 1
- Physical security part 2
- Physical security part 3
- Site Selection
- Fire suppression and hot and cold aisles
- RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks)
- Media storage
- IOT (Internet Of Things)
- Access control
- Introduction to Access Control
- IAAA and subject/object
- Type 1 authentication
- Type 2 authentication
- Type 3 authentication
- Access control systems
- Identity and access provisioning
- Introduction to Cryptography
- The history of Cryptography
- Symmetric encryption
- Asymmetric encryption
- Attacks on cryptography
- Digital signatures
- Implementing cryptography MAC, HMAC, SSL, and TLS
- Configuration Management
- Patch Management
- Change management
- Security evaluation models
- Security Assessments
- Security Audits
- Security Audit Logs
- Vulnerability scanners
- Penetration testing
- Penetration testing tools
- Social Engineering attacks
- Software testing
- CMM (Capability Maturity Model)
- Buying software from other companies
- Domain 4 Key concepts
- BCP and DRP (Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan)
- DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) basics
- Developing our BCP and DRP (Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan)
- BIA (Business Impact Analysis)
- Supply and infrastructure redundancy
- Disaster Recovery sites
- Other BCP sub plans
- Employee redundancy
- Testing, training, and improving the plans
- After a disruption
- Digital forensics
- Spinning disk forensics
- Memory and data remanence
- Data remanence and destruction
- Network and Software forensics
Trends in Certified Information Security Manager
The security of information has been a matter of concern for both the technology industry and the general public. With cyberattacks on the rise, security issues will continue to be a massive issue. Hackers have exfiltrated data from governments and corporations costing them their reputation and financial loss. Organizations now are more aware of the importance of cybersecurity but still struggle to implement the appropriate security measures. Some of the trends that will shape the future of the cybersecurity industry will include the implementation of 5G technology which will result in the explosion of data from connected devices and sensors. Companies having to deal with more online threats will result in increased demand for information security officers which will continue to exceed supply in the future also.
Advancements in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning algorithms which are now being used for threat detection, face detection, NLP, and many other concepts will continue to block and detect cyberattacks. Automation has led to better security outcomes however; the same technology is also being used to develop sophisticated attack methods. This will force the organization to use advanced heuristic solutions to combat against the weaponization of technology. Cyber-attacks that will continue to be a threat will be Ransom and Malware and Information officers will have to take appropriate precautions to minimize the effect of such attacks. The other danger set to increase will be on Cloud computing because the level of understanding about cloud security remains low and organizations will have to come up with the latest flexible, and scalable cloud-based architectures.
How we prepare you
60+ Hours of Practical Assignments
Live Free Webinars
Resume and LinkedIn Review Sessions
Lifetime LMS Access
Job Placements Assistance in CISM Fields
Unlimited Mock Interview and Quiz Session
Hands-on Experience in a Live Project
Offline Hiring Events
Call us Today!
CISM Course Panel of Coaches
Bharani Kumar Depuru
- Areas of expertise: Data analytics, Digital Transformation, Industrial Revolution 4.0
- Over 14+ years of professional experience
- Trained over 2,500 professionals from eight countries
- Corporate clients include Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Computer Science Corporation, Akamai, IBS Software, Litmus7, Personiv, Ebreeze, Alshaya, Synchrony Financials, Deloitte
- Professional certifications - PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP from Project Management Institute, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Tableau Certified Associate, Certified Scrum Practitioner, AgilePM (DSDM Atern)
- Alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad and Indian School of Business
Sharat Chandra Kumar
- Areas of expertise: Data sciences, Machine learning, Business intelligence and Data visualisation
- Trained over 1,500 professional across 12 countries
- Worked as a Data scientist for 14+ years across several industry domains
- Professional certifications: Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt, Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Experienced in Big Data Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, NewSQL, MongoDB, R, RStudio, Python, Tableau, Cognos
- Corporate clients include DuPont, All-Scripts, Girnarsoft (College-dekho, Car-dekho) and many more
- Areas of expertise: Data sciences, Machine learning, Business intelligence and Data visualisation
- Over 20+ years of industry experience in data science and business intelligence
- Trained professionals from Fortune 500 companies and students at prestigious colleges
- Experienced in Cognos, Tableau, Big Data, NoSQL, NewSQL
- Corporate clients include Time Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell, Metric Fox (Champions Group), TCS and many more
This CISM course rewards you with a certificate for your diligence and sustained endeavour. Demonstrate the skills that you have acquired in this course and win accolades from industry peers and superiors. The Data Science in CISM Analytics Certificate is your passport to an accelerated career path.
FAQs for Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
This certification will give you instant credibility and recognition among the elite group of IT professionals. To get certified, enroll for the CISM certification training given by the best trainers at 360digiTMG. We will prepare you for the exam and give ample practice based on the pattern and the difficulty level of the exam.
This exam is difficult and requires dedication, time, and money. The exam consists of 150 questions and lasts for four hours with a required score of 450 or more to clear the exam.
Security professionals who wish to advance their existing knowledge and skills and have at least three years of experience in information security management can join this CISM course
This exam will take a lot of hard work and commitment at your end but a few pointers one can keep in mind to work towards clearing the exam are, to begin with developing a practical study plan you can commit to then enroll for an exam prep course that gives you the right resources and study material, take practice exams to understand the format and time
The CISM exam is structured and covers four domains each carrying a different percentage of weightage. The Information Security Governance (24%), Information Security Program Development and Management (27%), Information Risk Management and Compliance (30%) and Information Security Incident Management (19%)
Becoming a certified information security manager is no simple task but if you are someone who likes challenges then this is a great career option. Your job role will entitle you to create and develop policies and procedures for your organization in order to secure its information and IT systems. This job profile comes with a handsome paycheck along with the kind of work that will never be boring or monotonous.
360DigiTMG is the best institute to train for the exam. It provides you enough practice and best coverage of exam topics through simulated tests and video lessons where you will get to see the pattern and the difficulty level of the test.
The cost to register early for the exam is $525 for members and $710 for non-members and final registrations cost $575 for members and $760 for non-members.
One has to earn the standard annual CPE hours over three years and also pay a maintenance fee to renew CISM certification.
Jobs for a CISM Certified Candidate
A CISM certification is a natural fit for someone looking for a career in Information Security Management. You can gel into many roles in this field as an Information Security Officer, Cyber Security Analyst, IT Security Specialist, or a Security, Risk, & Compliance specialist.
Salaries in India for a CISM Certified Candidate
The unemployment rate for security professionals is zero and they garner handsome pay off too. The salary of a CISM can range from anywhere between Rs. 20 lakhs to Rs. 36 lakhs in India given the skills and experience acquired over the years.
Projects in Information Security
Students can work on project ideas that are relevant and that they can complete like detecting the fake news, identifying and stopping ransomware, or developing a Keylogger that can record every keystroke made by anyone on a system.
Role of Open Source Tools in Information Security
The open-source security tools allow data reading only to authorized personnel to avoid unwanted attempts of data alteration. These tools help detect fraud-related activities like accessing computers, devices, systems, or communication lines.
Modes of training for CISM Certification
The course in India is designed to suit the needs of students as well as working professionals. We at 360DigiTMG give our students the option of both classroom and online learning. We also support e-learning as part of our curriculum.
Industry Applications of Information Security
Information security is a practice of protecting information and for most organizations, information is their most important asset and industries like Banking and Finance, Healthcare, Education, Online Retail, etc. are now preparing for security threats.