Top 10 IT Companies in Jordan
Table of Content
Jordan, officially known as the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, is a country located in the Middle East. While it has a rich history that spans thousands of years, the focus here will be on the history of Jordan in relation to information technology (IT) development.
History of Jordan
The development of IT in Jordan began in the late 1980s when the government recognized the potential of technology in driving economic growth and diversification. Efforts were made to establish a robust IT infrastructure and promote the growth of the sector. In 1996, the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) was established to oversee and regulate the telecommunications and IT sectors in the country.
Throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, Jordan witnessed a significant expansion in the IT industry. Several initiatives were launched to encourage investment and innovation in IT. The establishment of technology parks and business incubators, such as the King Hussein Business Park and the Princess Sumaya University for Technology's Innovation Park, created an environment conducive to IT development and entrepreneurship.
The government played a pivotal role in fostering IT growth through various policies and initiatives. In 2000, the Jordanian government launched the "Jordan 2020 Vision," which aimed to position Jordan as a regional hub for IT services and outsourcing. This vision led to the establishment of the Jordanian IT Association (int@j) to promote the interests of the IT industry and facilitate collaboration among IT companies.
Additionally, the government implemented measures to enhance the education system in IT-related fields. Numerous universities and colleges in Jordan offer specialized IT programs, producing a skilled workforce to support the growing industry. Jordanian IT professionals have gained recognition globally for their technical expertise and have contributed to the development of IT solutions both domestically and internationally.
Jordan has witnessed the emergence of successful IT companies and startups that have gained prominence both locally and internationally. These companies offer a wide range of IT services, including software development, IT consulting, cybersecurity, and digital marketing. Some notable Jordanian IT companies include Aramex, a global logistics and transportation company with advanced IT systems, and Jeeran, a leading online platform providing localized services and information.
In recent years, Jordan has continued to emphasize the importance of IT development and digital transformation. The government has launched initiatives to promote e-government services, e-learning, and the use of technology in various sectors such as healthcare and finance. The country has also seen an increasing focus on emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain, and Internet of Things (IoT).
The tech scene in Jordan has been flourishing in recent years, positioning the country as a regional hub for technology and innovation. Jordan has established itself as a dynamic ecosystem for startups, IT companies, and technological advancements. Here is an overview of the tech scene in Jordan:
- Startup Ecosystem: Jordan has a vibrant and growing startup ecosystem, with numerous incubators, accelerators, and co-working spaces supporting entrepreneurship. Organizations like Oasis500, Flat6Labs, and The Tank by Umniah provide mentorship, funding, and resources to startups, fostering innovation and growth.
- Information Technology Association (int@j): The Information Technology Association of Jordan, int@j, is a non-profit industry association that represents and supports Jordan's IT sector. int@j plays a vital role in promoting collaboration, organizing events, and advocating for policies that drive the growth of the tech industry in the country.
- Technology Parks: Jordan is home to several technology parks, including the King Hussein Business Park and the Princess Sumaya University for Technology's Innovation Park. These parks provide a conducive environment for tech companies, startups, and research institutions to collaborate, innovate, and develop new technologies.
- Government Support: The Jordanian government has shown strong support for the tech sector through various initiatives. The Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship has implemented policies to encourage digital transformation, entrepreneurship, and investment in technology. The government has also launched programs to promote e-government services, cybersecurity, and ICT education.
- Skilled Workforce: Jordan has a highly educated and skilled workforce in the IT sector. The country has universities and institutes offering specialized IT programs and producing a talent pool of software developers, engineers, data scientists, and IT professionals. The Jordanian workforce's technical expertise and proficiency in languages like English contribute to the sector's success.
- Digital Transformation: Jordan is actively embracing digital transformation across various sectors, including healthcare, finance, education, and government services. The government has implemented e-government initiatives to streamline public services, enhance efficiency, and improve accessibility for citizens. Companies in Jordan are also adopting digital solutions to optimize their operations and customer experience.
- Technological Innovation: Jordan is witnessing an increase in technological innovation and research. Startups and tech companies are leveraging emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and cybersecurity to develop innovative solutions. Jordanian entrepreneurs and researchers are actively involved in pushing the boundaries of technology.
- Global Recognition: Jordan's tech scene has gained recognition globally, with Jordanian startups and IT companies earning accolades and attracting international investments. Several success stories have emerged, including Souq.com (now Amazon.ae), ArabWIC, and Mawdoo3, showcasing the country's entrepreneurial spirit and technological achievements.
The tech scene in Jordan continues to evolve and thrive, driven by a supportive ecosystem, government initiatives, a skilled workforce, and a culture of innovation. With a focus on entrepreneurship, digital transformation, and emerging technologies, Jordan is establishing itself as a significant player in the regional tech landscape.
Best IT Companies in Jordan
Jordan is home to a growing number of IT companies, ranging from startups to established enterprises. These companies offer a wide range of technology solutions and services. Here are some notable IT companies in Jordan:
Optimiza is a leading IT company in Jordan, offering a range of services including business consulting, software development, system integration, and managed services. They serve various sectors such as finance, telecommunications, and government.
Jeeran is a well-known Jordanian company that operates an online platform providing localized services, including business listings, reviews, and maps. Jeeran focuses on connecting local businesses with consumers through their online platform.
Mawdoo3 is a prominent digital content platform and IT company in Jordan. It specializes in Arabic content creation, including articles, videos, and podcasts. Mawdoo3 aims to provide high-quality, reliable, and relevant Arabic content to online users.
4. Ubanquity Systems:
Ubanquity Systems is an IT company that offers software solutions and services for the banking and financial sector. They provide solutions for customer relationship management (CRM), core banking, mobile banking, and more.
Dakwak is a localization and translation technology company. They offer website translation, software localization, and other language-related services to help businesses reach a global audience.
6. Integrated Technology Group (ITG):
ITG is a software development and IT solutions company in Jordan. They provide customized software solutions, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, and IT consulting services to clients in various industries.
7. Rubicon Technologies:
Rubicon Technologies is a software development company specializing in mobile app development, web development, and digital marketing solutions. They cater to both local and international clients, offering innovative and tailored technology solutions.
Ingsoftware is a software development company with expertise in building custom software solutions, mobile applications, and web development. They serve clients across different sectors, including healthcare, e-commerce, and logistics.
Kinz is an IT services company that offers infrastructure solutions, managed IT services, and cloud computing solutions. They provide services such as data center management, network infrastructure setup, and IT security solutions.
10. Estarta Solutions:
Estarta Solutions is an IT company specializing in software development and consulting services. They focus on digital transformation, enterprise software solutions, and IT outsourcing.
Overview of IT Jobs in Jordan
IT jobs in Jordan offer significant potential for progress and development over time, driven by the country's growing tech sector, emphasis on innovation, and supportive ecosystem. Here is an overview of how IT careers can progress in Jordan.
- Entry-Level Positions: Entry-level IT positions in Jordan typically include roles such as software developer, IT support specialist, network administrator, or system analyst. These roles provide an opportunity to gain practical experience, develop technical skills, and familiarize oneself with industry standards and best practices.
- Skill Enhancement: IT professionals in Jordan can focus on acquiring additional certifications, attending training programs, and participating in workshops to enhance their skills and knowledge in specific areas of interest. Specializations could include cybersecurity, cloud computing, data analytics, artificial intelligence, or software development frameworks.
- Mid-Level Roles: With experience and expertise, IT professionals can progress to mid-level positions such as IT project manager, IT consultant, systems architect, or database administrator. These roles involve greater responsibility, decision-making, and leadership opportunities, contributing to the planning and implementation of IT initiatives within organizations.
- Leadership and Management: As IT professionals gain experience and demonstrate leadership abilities, they can transition into managerial or leadership positions. Roles such as IT manager, IT director, or Chief Information Officer (CIO) involve overseeing technology strategies, managing teams, and aligning IT initiatives with business goals.
- Entrepreneurship and Startups: Jordan's thriving startup ecosystem offers opportunities for IT professionals to become entrepreneurs and start their own technology-focused ventures. They can leverage their expertise to develop innovative solutions, secure funding, and build successful businesses in areas such as software development, e-commerce, fintech, or healthtech.
- Research and Academia: Some IT professionals in Jordan may choose to pursue careers in research and academia. They can work in research institutions, universities, or technology-focused think tanks, conducting research, publishing papers, and contributing to the advancement of knowledge in various IT domains.
- Continuous Learning and Adaptation: The IT field is dynamic and ever-evolving, with new technologies, frameworks, and trends emerging regularly. To remain competitive, IT professionals in Jordan need to engage in continuous learning, stay updated with industry developments, and adapt their skills to meet evolving demands.
- Global Opportunities: IT professionals in Jordan have the potential to explore global opportunities. Many companies and organizations value the skills and expertise of Jordanian IT professionals, opening avenues for international job placements, collaborations, and consulting opportunities.
The growing IT sector, supportive ecosystem, and focus on innovation in Jordan provide ample opportunities for IT professionals to progress and develop their careers over time. By continually upgrading skills, embracing emerging technologies, and networking within the industry, IT professionals in Jordan can navigate a rewarding career path and contribute to the country's tech-driven growth.
Salary of Software Engineer in Jordan
Salaries in IT companies in Jordan vary depending on factors such as job role, level of experience, qualifications, and the company itself. The following information provides a general overview of IT salaries in Jordan:
- Entry-Level Positions: Entry-level IT positions in Jordan typically offer salaries ranging from JOD 500 to JOD 800 per month (approximately USD 705 to USD 1,125). These positions may include roles such as software developer, IT support specialist, or junior network administrator.
- Mid-Level Positions: Mid-level IT professionals with several years of experience and specialized skills can expect salaries in the range of JOD 800 to JOD 1,500 per month (approximately USD 1,125 to USD 2,115). This category may include roles such as IT project manager, systems analyst, or software engineer.
- Senior-Level Positions: Senior IT professionals with extensive experience and expertise, such as IT managers, IT directors, or senior software architects, can command higher salaries. Salaries for senior-level positions in Jordan can range from JOD 1,500 to JOD 3,000 per month (approximately USD 2,115 to USD 4,230) or more, depending on the company and the individual's qualifications.
- IT Consultants and Specialists: IT consultants or specialists who offer specialized expertise in areas such as cybersecurity, data analytics, or cloud computing can often earn higher salaries. Compensation for these roles can vary significantly based on the complexity of the projects and the individual's expertise.
Data Science Placement Success Story
IT companies in Jordan, IT jobs in Jordan