Call Us

Home / Blog / Data Science Digital Book / Data Mining Supervised Learning

Data Mining Supervised Learning

  • July 15, 2023
  • 4129
  • 41
Author Images

Meet the Author : Mr. Bharani Kumar

Bharani Kumar Depuru is a well known IT personality from Hyderabad. He is the Founder and Director of Innodatatics Pvt Ltd and 360DigiTMG. Bharani Kumar is an IIT and ISB alumni with more than 18+ years of experience, he held prominent positions in the IT elites like HSBC, ITC Infotech, Infosys, and Deloitte. He is a prevalent IT consultant specializing in Industrial Revolution 4.0 implementation, Data Analytics practice setup, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Industrial IoT, Business Intelligence and Business Management. Bharani Kumar is also the chief trainer at 360DigiTMG with more than Ten years of experience and has been making the IT transition journey easy for his students. 360DigiTMG is at the forefront of delivering quality education, thereby bridging the gap between academia and industry.

Read More >

Machine Learning Primer

Steps based on Training & Testing datasets

  • Get the historical / past data data needed for analysis which is the output of data cleansing
  • Split the data into training data & testing data Data Mining Supervised Learning
    • Split the data based on random sampling if the data is balanced
    • Split the data based on other sampling techniques if the data is imbalanced
      (Refer to Step 2 of CRISP-DM to know about imbalance dataset sampling techniques)
    • We may divide the data according to the 80/20 rule, whereby 80% of the data is used for training and the remaining 20% is used for testing. Data Mining Supervised Learning
  • Build the model using the training data
  • Test the model on testing data to get the predicted values
  • To determine inaccuracy or accuracy, compare the anticipated values and actual values of the testing data. Techniques for model evaluation are covered in the sections that follow. This will provide us with Testing Accuracy or Testing Error.Also test the built model on training data
  • Compare the training data predicted values and training data actual values to calculate the error or accuracy. This will give us Training Error or Training Accuracy
  • To determine the inaccuracy or accuracy, compare the training data's projected values to its actual values. This will provide us with Training Accuracy or Training Error.
  • Training Error and Testing Error
    • If training error and testing error are small and close to each other then the model is considered to be RIGHT FIT (how low the error values should be is a subjective evaluation. E.g., In healthcare even 1% error might be considered high, whereas in a garment manufacturing process even 8% error might be considered low)
    • If training error is low and testing error is high then the model is considered to be OVERFITTING. Overfitting is also called VARIANCE
    • If training error is high then testing error also will be high. This scenario is called UNDERFITTING or BIAS
    • If training error is high and testing error is low then something is seriously wrong with the data or model you built. Redo the entire project
      Data Mining Supervised Learning
      Data Mining Supervised Learning
      Data Mining Supervised Learning
  • Overfitting is a frequent issue that can be difficult to resolve. Different regularisation strategies (also known as generalisation approaches) are used by various machine learning algorithms to handle overfitting.
  • By adding more features (columns) or datapoints (observations), underfitting issues can be quickly fixed. Additionally, effective feature engineering and transformation will deal with this problem.Data Mining Supervised Learning

Learn the core concepts of Data Science Course video on YouTube:

Click here to learn Data Science in Hyderabad

The challenge of Training & Testing dataset split, which leads to information leak is countered with new school of thought with an idea to split the data into:

  • Training Data
  • Validation Data (Development Data)
  • Testing Data

Data Mining Supervised Learning

Click here to learn Data Science Course, Data Science Course in Hyderabad, Data Science Course in Bangalore

Data Science Placement Success Story

Data Science Training Institutes in Other Locations

Navigate to Address

360DigiTMG - Data Science Course, Data Scientist Course Training in Chennai

D.No: C1, No.3, 3rd Floor, State Highway 49A, 330, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, NJK Avenue, Thoraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097

1800-212-654-321

Get Direction: Data Science Course

Make an Enquiry