Demand and Opportunities for Data Science in India - 2021
India is the second-highest country next to the US to have generated the demand to recruit about 50,000 Data Scientists for 2020 and 2021. The average salary for a Data Scientist with less than 1 year of experience is about 7 LPA in the Indian market. Even Startups are not shying away to offer a well-trained Data Scientist up to 5 LPA with zero real-time experience. Mid-Level - 3 to 5 years of experience will easily fetch a job for salary anywhere between 10 LPA – 14 LPA.
Data Science opportunities - Industry-wise
- HealthCare – Industry alone will generate about 20,000 job openings.
- Automotive- This Industry looks forward to creating at least 5000 Jobs by the end of 2020.
- Software Development -The most pivotal which alone will create close to 1 lakh job opportunities.
- There are about 2,50,000 plus E-Commerce companies Globally hence it is evident that there’s a huge demand for Data Scientists as these companies analyze huge amounts of data every day.
Most sought out Indian MNCs with job openings in the field of Data Sciences which are ready to offer the average salary per annum is mentioned below:
- Accenture: Rs 6.3 Lac per annum
- Myntra: Rs 8 Lac per annum
- Tata Consultancy Services: Rs 4.8 Lac per annum.
- Capgemini: Rs 7 Lac per annum
- IBM: Rs 4.7 Lac per annum
Current Job Openings on Data Sciences in India
As per Naukri.com India’s no 1 Job Site – 25,000 plus openings. LinkedIn India – 14,000 Openings.
Few of the Top-Notch Data Scientists to get inspired from:
- Dean Abbott: Co-founder and Chief Data Scientist at SmarterHQ
- Sebastian Thrun: CEO of Udacity
- Kenneth Cukier: Chief Data Editor at The Economist
- John Elder: Founder of the Data mining consultancy Elder Research, Inc.
- Andrew Ng: Founder and Chairman, Coursera
Top 10 Best Companies hiring Data Scientists 365 Days
- Aditya Birla group - Data and Analytics Division
- BridgeI2I Analytics Solution
- Course 5 Intelligence
- MIQ Digital India
- Tiger Analytics
- Tredence Inc
Career options or Designations open for aspiring Data Scientists in India
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
- Applications Architect
- Infrastructure Architect
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Enterprise Architect
- Business Intelligence or BI Developer
Recent salaries update from Tech Companies for Data Scientists - June 2020
- Ericson worldwide - salary range - INR 3.65 LPA - INR 32.75 LPA
- Innoplexus - salary range – INR 6.60 LPA - INR 17.35 LPA
- DXC Technology - salary range - INR 10.40 LPA - INR 12.90 LPA
- Quantiphi - salary range - INR 7.40 LPA - INR 14.60 LPA
- Tech Mahindra - salary range - INR 3.70 LPA - INR 15.5 LPA
- CASHe - salary range - INR 9.90 LPA - INR 10.25LPA
- Capgemini - salary range - INR 5.12 LPA - INR 14.80 LPA
- Applied Data Science salary range - INR 6.20 LPA - INR 11.90LPA
- Nielsen - salary range - INR 6 LPA - INR 12.40LPA
Below is the list of some renowned companies recruiting for Data Scientists - 2020
- Walmart Labs
- Busigence Technologies
- Fractal Analytics
- Mate Labs
You may also like...
Data Science has become a leading field of study in recent times owing to its vast use in almost every industry in all parts of the world.
Data Scientists are one of the most sought-after jobs in Malaysia because they are high in demand and also offer enormous pay.
Most of the Data Scientists started their careers as data analysts or statisticians. But the beginning of the escalation in demand and evolution of big data led to the evolution of these roles as well.